Terms & Conditions
General TERMS & CONDITIONS
Information on the Education Center
Applicability and clarification of general terms and conditions
- The Education Center is an organizational unit that is part of the University Medical Center (UMC) Utrecht, located at Universiteitsweg 98, 3584 CG Utrecht. The University Medical Center Utrecht, a legal entity under public law within the meaning of the WHW (Higher Education and Research Act), has its registered office at Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, Commercial Register number 000023527250.
- For questions and information about the provision of services by the Education Center, please contact us by email at “firstname.lastname@example.org”. You can also correspond with the Education Center by sending your letter to UMC Utrecht, Attn. Bedrijfsbureau Onderwijscentrum - Huispost HB.4.75, P.O. Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Content of the agreement
- The general terms and conditions of the Education Center apply to all legal relationships with you in connection with the provision of services by Education Center to you.
- In case of any conflict between the Dutch and English version of these general terms and conditions, the Dutch version is binding.
- The applicability of Section 6:227b (1) of the Dutch Civil Code, which pertains to the provision of information in e-commerce transactions, and of Section 6:227c of the Dutch Civil Code, which pertains to the manner in which e-commerce transactions are concluded, is hereby expressly excluded if you act in the course of a profession or business.
- The legal relationships to which these general terms and conditions apply are governed by and interpreted according to Dutch law. Disputes will in the first instance be settled exclusively by the Midden-Nederland District Court, Utrecht location.
Conclusion, filing and term of the agreement
- The Education Center organizes activities such as training and courses, and arranges the related venues, logistics and timetables. Education Center may engage third parties for this. In that case the Education Center is not liable for the actions or omissions of those third party/parties. For the actual content of these activities, the Education Center engages third parties with knowledge and experience of the activity’s theme. They have a responsibility of their own for the content of their contribution.
- The Education Center warrants that the activity for which you have registered conforms to the agreement; that is to say, the Education Center warrants that the activity will take place in accordance with the indicated timetable and that the content fits in with the indicated theme.
- The activity takes place in the language specified in the product description.
- You can register for an Education Center activity using the Education Center web shop.
- Depending on the language of the activity, you can choose between a registration form in Dutch or in English.
- After the Education Center has received your registration, you will receive a written confirmation from the Education Center. ‘Written’ also includes by email.
- Your registration is final once the Education Center has received your payment.
- The Education Center saves the confirmation of your registration until the time at which the activity for which you have registered has ended and the Education Center has received your full payment. You may request a copy of your confirmation.
- The agreement ends after the activity for which you have registered has ended or, if later, after your payment has been received.
- You can pay prior to your registration only by means of iDEAL or credit card.
Insurance and liability
- You cannot cancel your registration for a course with a fee up to € 100,-. According to Section 6:230p lid e of the Dutch Civil Code stipulates that the entry fee is also payable if the candidate does not participate in the activity for which he or she has registered.
- For courses with a fee of more than € 100,- you can cancel your registration in writing by email up to 30 days before the start date. The Education Center will reimburse the registration fee, if already paid in full. Cancellations within 30 days before the start date will not be reimbursed.
- The Education Center is entitled to cancel an activity in case of force majeure. In addition, the Education Center is entitled to cancel an activity up to two weeks before commencement in case there are not enough registrations. Education Center will reimburse the registration fee.
- The Education Center is not liable for any travel and subsistence expenses already incurred by you in case an activity is cancelled by you or by the Education Center. We recommend that you take out cancellation insurance for this.
- The Education Center is not liable for loss or theft of your property or for any medical expenses incurred by you. We recommend that you take out health and travel insurance yourself.
- The Education Center has professional liability insurance. You can request the most recent details from the Education Center.
- The total liability of the Education Center for a specific claim is restricted to the amount that is paid for it under the liability insurance, plus the insurance policy excess. The Education Center is not liable for indirect loss and consequential loss (including loss of profits, loss of turnover, lost savings and loss of goodwill) and for claims in the United States and Canada.
- You agree irrevocably that the Education Center has engaged, and may engage, third parties at its own or at your expense and in its own name or in your name to deliver products and services subject to the conditions of such third party. If you hold the Education Center liable for actions or omissions of a third party, the Education Center may (at its own discretion): (i) invoke its own defenses against you and/or (ii) invoke the defenses that the third party invokes or might invoke against the Education Center or you.
- Electronic communication is not secure and can be intercepted, manipulated, infected, slowed down or misdirected, by viruses and spam filters, for example. The Education Center is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage arising from such a circumstance.
- Your claims for compensation become time-barred two months after you have become aware of the loss or damage in question and the Education Center as a liable person, unless they lapse or become time-barred sooner under applicable law.
- Complaints about the provision of services by the Education Center can be addressed to UMC Utrecht, Attn. Bedrijfsbureau Onderwijscentrum – huispost HB.4.75, P.O. Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands, email@example.com.
- The Education Center will respond to any complaints as soon as possible and will make every effort to reach a satisfactory solution.
The Education Center, 1 September 2018